Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jack of All Trades

I’ve done it all. Well, at least attempted it all. At some point of my life I’ve been a hairdresser, a party planner, a bag designer, a photographer, a poet, and a knitter. The list can go on if I were to name the things I’ve only tried once but never maintained. This time around I think I’ve found something.

Before I reveal what that something is I just want to put it out there that everyone should be testing out their capabilities. You never know where your talents can take you until you try. And if it falls through, that gives more reason to test out your next talent. Besides, it’s a good method to unwind after the stressful days we all endure.

OK, the wait is over. As of September 2010, I am a… jewelry designer.

I came up with this particular hustle after realizing that I was spending way too much money on accessories and other costume jewelry. In a previous post you can see that I had to reorganize my whole closet just because of my surplus of jewelry. Then I began to examine how the pieces I owned were made. I said to myself, “I could do that!” A short trip to Michael’s pioneered my addiction to creating my pieces. And two months later, I have about 30 pieces.
Here’s a sneak peek...


St. Tropez

LoveLockDown

Chain Reaction


2 comments:

  1. It's fun getting your hands into everything. I love the first necklace I def can see myself wearing it with a high bun and my favorite studs. I go nuts in micheal's, gorgeous pieces!

    ReplyDelete