Saturday, May 7, 2011

Creativity comes from within. If not, you can always steal someone else’s design.

“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.”
-Michelangelo

Here’s my rendition of Jeffrey Campbell’s Tick. I saw these shoes almost a year ago while walking from Union Square to Times Square with DMB. Immediately I was in love. These shoes were unlike anything I’ve seen before. They were a mixture of Goth with the hardware of the metal thumbtacks but still stylish with the genuine leather wedge-bootie style and could be paired with any outfit to add some edge. And because they are so appealing JC was able to tack on a price of $200!


You know me so you know I wasn’t going to pay that. Being the google freak I am I seen that a couple people did a DIY version. My DIY Tick shoe is made with Dolce Vita rope wedge from Targé, 3 packs of silver thumbtacks from Staples, and crazy glue. Check ‘em out!


Can't wait to wear them out with some destroyed jeans and baggy white tee! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment