Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting real Flashy

Wanna know more of me?
I started taking pictures again. Well in high school I think my nickname was paparazzi. I always had a camera resulting in the year book being compiled with most of the pictures I took. But as time went on and friends separated, I haven’t really had the chance to flash people (no pun intended). Plus, my godson broke two of my cameras. Now I got a new camera, courtesy of his mother, and I started taking pictures again.
The pictures I take now are not like before. No ghetto girl poses or deuces up. No people. I’m looking at prettier things now. Nature, really. My inspiration probably comes from an old coworker, Mohammed, who took the coolest pictures of birds and plants and passing clouds and everything else we’d just walk by unnoticed. He would make things look better than they’d looked with the naked eye. Of course he had a SLR and I only have a digital snapshot, but I still do my thing.
It all started in Barbados, May 2010. I saw all of these beautiful flowers right outside of our room. I just snapped the picture. I was amazed at the turnout and kept snapping pics. I haven’t really done much since but I do know that I love it and with a little more visual inspiration, I’ll be paparazzi again.




And no, these did not come from the internet!
And yes, I still take my ghetto girl pose off pics!

1 comment:

  1. those shots look so pretty and professional...teach me

    ReplyDelete