Sunday, October 17, 2010

No Wedding, No Womb

I was suppose to write this post about a month ago after a receiving an email from DMB. The email was a link from another blogger’s page urging fellow bloggers to touch on the subject of refraining from having children out of wedlock. When checking this email I immediately wanted to participate in the movement because I strongly believe in it. I was recently having a conversation about it and agreeing that this is the route I wish to take in the future rather than being apart of a statistic of unwed mothers, single or not.

For my own reasons, I refuse to have a child without having a supportive husband. I have no sob story to tell that supports my decision and I’m far from being a feminist with strong, obnoxious views. I have just seen too many young girls, which could have easily been me, have babies with vanishing baby fathers.

This subject of single, young mothers does not have any prejudices against any race. However, I am certain that my race leads by far. I believe it’s from a history that is so embedded in Black women that it is too late to expunge now. But, I do believe that the education of the No Wedding, No Womb movement can help women everywhere stop the epidemic in its tracks.

For more information visit: http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/nwnw/

2 comments: