Thursday, October 21, 2010

Step Aside Ms. Berry


Kerry Washington is the new Halle. Yeah, I said it. I haven't even though about it until today and I say it because I got my new Essence Magazine. She adorns the cover. Her face is plastered in more places recently and not just because she's easy on the eyes but because she's talented, personable, and involved in the issues of today.

My very first Kerry moment was a couples of years ago when I saw Lift. At the time she was one of the rare Black actresses that I thought was still beautiful even though she had short hair, chubby, high cheek bones and huge lips. It sounds like I'm describing myself and maybe that's why I fell in love with her. Recently, I saw a movie that wasn't really publicized, Life is Hot in Cracktown, where she played a transgender, crack addict. Next I plan to see Colored Girls. Because she's in it along with many other black Beauties.

You guys thought Halle did it in Monster's Ball. Hmmph, no sir. Check out Ms. Kerry, baby!

1 comment: