Saturday, September 18, 2010

Organizing your Life…

…Begins in your closet.

When I’m upset or bothered I usually clean. Last night I CLEANED so that should explain how upset I was. Tell you later. But good things came out of my anger. My closets are in tact and ready for the upcoming season. So let’s begin.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love accessories, sometimes too much because I overdo it. But nonetheless, I had to figure out a way to organize my things. I wish I had before pictures but just look at the after pictures and take away 10 points.
This is the end product:
I have a place for my earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, glasses, everything.
A closer look: Blogosphere, meet my new girlfriend. I walked into Pier1 Imports initially looking for a 3-tier plate stand. I was going to use this to dangle my earrings from. But they sold the stand and plates together. No plates were needed for my organization. So I ended up finding this jewelry stand which is more useful and is for what i needed for only $20. I really like the stand rather than the bowl that I kept my earrings in. Whenever I needed a pair I would have to fish them out and then detangle them.
A long time ago my necklaces stayed on my bed post. Now I have this coat hanger which isn’t bad. I separated the according to material. Gold, silver, bronze, pearls, etc. I also have some scarves up there. Head scarves only. My real scarves, pashminas, are on another coat hanger which hangs over the door.
Sorry guys, there was no organizing these bracelets. I thought about using paper towel stands but I would need about 10 to hold them all. So I just bought a wicker basket from A.J. Wright for $8 to go along with the theme, not sure of the theme yet though.
Glasses and hair decor. Nothing much to tell.
These heart shaped glass bowls are soon going to be replaced. One holds my rings and the other hold delicates jewelry. But they keep everything in place.

So I did this because organizing is crucial to maintaining a healthy life. Forget the healthy eating and exercise. Clutter free equals stress free. Hence my various attempt at having a garage sale. But anyway, hopefully the organized spaces can influence more organization in my life, school, work, the works.

TIPS for organization:
· Clear it out! Everything!
· Sort it out. Lay things out to see exactly what you have.
· Give it away. Decide what you want and need and discard the rest. My motto: If you haven’t used it within 1 year, then it’s wasting space.
· Put things back in a way that’s beneficial to you. Whether it is organized by color, season, or occasion, as long as it work for you and can last

If you have any more organizing ideas for me please forward!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Checalyn! I'm going to start with my closet now too....nawt!

    ReplyDelete