Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Not So Happy Life

Sorry guys it’s been a while. I know you missed me. Relax. Calm down. I’ve been sleep deprived and I really haven’t had a clue as to what to do with myself. In one instance I’m happy but then again I’m just OK. For example, it was my birthday yesterday but I didn’t get any huge presents like a pair of diamond studs. Or I’m currently jobless but I’m returning to work next week. Or I have a boyfriend but I’m not talking to him right now. It’s like things are good but not 100%. Am I making sense? I guess this is an example of wanting too much and not being appreciative of what you have since others don’t have as much.

Anyway, let me update you on a few things. I started a new book in my book group. Yes, we can officially call it a group because Donelle has joined. 3’s a crowd but in a good way this time. We’re reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa Lee if you want to follow. And on the side I’m reading Assata: An Autobiography by Assata Shakur. Both of these books include characters that are so far from the life I live but I like those types of novels because it’s like a form of traveling. You get to leave your world and join another. Get me?

Also, as I said, it was my birthday yesterday. Go Virgos! I celebrated with a group of friends over the weekend with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then we partied at Club Venus. Oh, in between the two we partied in the middle of the street. Don't be surprised. Very typical for us.
But yesterday, my actual day, I went on a hot date with D. A simple walk over the bridge and then some Retail Therapy in Soho.I got some shoes guys from Mr. Madden (my other boyfriend). Now these shoes were originally $130. I got them for, drum roll please, $25! Do I even need to continue this post? It’s like that’s a showstopper. I feel like I stole something. That’s less that 25% of the original price. Then I went to Sephora for my free gift since I’m member. That sang happy birthday to me and gave me a free makeup set. More shopping, more shopping, blah, blah, blah then finally food. We went to Apartment 138 on Smith Street for a delishious (Flava Flav Dictionary) burger and an episode of Bad Girls Club: Miami.
What more can a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment