Friday, September 3, 2010

Poemas de Amor

It’s like I woke up one day
in love.
The voice in my heart sang
its lips smiled
and its feet jumped.
The love I felt was strong
mighty
powerful
with a grip like a newborn.
It was, in a way, a newborn
growing fast, sitting up, crawling,
walking, running. Sometimes even
falling but always getting back
up to try again.

I wrote this a while ago, maybe last year. Usually in the classroom I work in, when there’s some downtime, you can usually get a lot of creativity out of me. I’m not a Nikki Giovanni or anything but I does my thang! Whatcha think?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful poem! It perfectly describes how it feels to be in love :) Thank you for sharing it

    feel free to check out my blog:
    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete