Thursday, August 12, 2010

Change Clothes and Save

As the leaves fall and the winds chill, most of us go and fold away our skimpy summer attire and unpack our sweaters and corduroys. However, I don’t really know about the cords because my thighs usually rub and it causes a weird sound, but whatever floats your boat. Anyway, don’t put the summer clothes away just yet. Revamping your clothing not only creates a new trend for yourself, but it keeps some extra money in your pocket. We can all use extra money (says me, the expert, oh jobless one).

It’s very simple to turn a summer strapless dress that’s usually worn with sandals into a fall strapless dress worn with a cardigan, tights and boots. The key is layering items that can add depth to an outfit. Blazers, cardys, scarves and tights are just a couple of pieces you should have on hand to make an outfit new again. And I can’t just say it’s simple. I have to go into my closet and show you how easy it is by using my own clothes.
So stay tuned.


In this look I kept the top which can easily transition.
Kimono-sleeve top, Conway
Olive belted shorts, H&M
Wedges, Miss Sixty
Skinny jeans, H&M
Olive green platform, Nine West


If you want, you can even keep the tank and add a cardigan or blazer instead of changing to the black tee.
Peach tank, F21
Floral tier skirt, Strawberry’s
White wedges, Steve Madden
Black v-neck tee, Cherokee
Black opaque tights, Merona
Suede scrunch boots, Steve Madden


I actually wore this fall look in the spring right before it was started to get warm.
Paisley dress, H&M
Pink patent belt, Uniqlo
Pink patent wedge, Steve Madden
Blazer, H&M
Opaque tights, Merona
Distressed riding boots, Steve Madden


You can throw a black cami under this if you’re conscience about your bra showing. The top is really a tunic that covers the shorts. When turning it into a fall outfit it may seem too dark but the bright colors in the shirt lighten it up.
Sheer kimono tunic, H&M
Yellow shorts, H&M
Purple jellies, Gap
Black skinny pants, H&M
Leather driving mocs, Steve Madden

I was scared at first too. Wearing shorts and boots at the same time seemed weird but looks good. Try it out.
Tube top, H&M
Distressed boyfriend shorts, H&M
Studded gladiators, H&M
Perforated cardigan, Victoria’s Secret
Distressed riding boots, Steve Madden


Ok I get. I shop at H&M way to much. They should endorse me. I hope this helps you save a few bucks. Now I’m not saying don’t shop. I tried to make that vow to myself before and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. My dad can’t even do it and he’s a 53 year old an. He always is a sale at Macy’s. But when you do shop, make smart purchases.
Follow theses simple rules:
· Don’t go shopping without taking a look in your closet. You may find something similar to what you were going to purchase.
· Don’t but the same item more than once. If you have something similar, use that.
· Don’t buy things that can be found at a cheaper price. Quit being a label whore!
· Take risks when dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment