Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don’t be Tardy for the Party

It was the first day of my temp position. I arrived about 15 minutes ahead of time just because that’s what I do. I guess no one else but me and the white boy got the memo because everyone else strolled in when they were just about good and ready. So let’s get it in.
A little after 9 a.m. a returnee decides to arrive with a bag of McD’s breakfast and gives pounds to the homies. We get it. You’ve done this before. So he proceeded to sit in my vicinity and eat his meal even though he was late. And I could tell exactly what was in his mouth. The breakfast sandwich and a whole lotta spit. I know because I heard everything. It sounded like a cow. Imagine if I dared to look up at his mouth. Ugh. Table manners people.
Also walks in a 19 year old temp. She’s dressed in what she must’ve though was business attire. I guess if your business includes climbing up and sliding down the pole, then she was right on the money. The girl had on shorts so short that I could see the black on the bottom of her ass. She wore moccasins and electric blue nail polish. And all day she twirled her weave. When we were asked to tell a little bit about ourselves, she informed of the important attributes including her birthday being next month. Who the F**k Cares? She should’ve continued by saying she like long walks on the beach and romance novels. This ain't eHarmony?
One man was decked out in orange and navy. Very reminiscent of the NY Mets. But his story ends here because he left and never came back after lunch. I guess he went to see the game.
You’re probably laughing and I can definitely pour more of this onto you but honestly, I’m making myself upset. People, you hear my cry. I can’t do this anymore. I need a place where people are on my level. Not to say that I am above the rest. But c’mon. You know what, scratch that. I need a job that surrounds me with people that are ABOVE my level. At least I could learn from them and take something from the workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment