Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too Much Tuesday

So I woke up at 7 o’clock Tuesday morning to join the Immigrated-Babysitters Association (there’s no such thing btw). No offense to anyone in America from another country that chooses to baby-sit a little monster, but I never thought I’d be the one walking around with a little white girl by my side.

Times when I’ve seen West Indian or Filipino or whatever ethnicity other than white pushing a stroller or holding hands with a white child, I automatically think that that child is a spoiled little brat who runs over the sitter because she’s too scared to say no to the kid. Luckily, the child I had isn’t too bad. But hopefully, I get a job quickly so I won’t make a career out of this and end up with a kid whose parent’s buys him guns. Monique knows what I’m talking about.

After baby-sitting, I met up with Donelle. Sidebar: I need new friends because she’s all over my blog. But let me just tell you a joke. We met at 14th Street and I tell her that we should walk to 42nd Street and she asks if it’s far (you should be laughing right now). Anyway, on the way to 42nd Street, I see the shoes of my life. If any of you really know me, you know that I have four buckets of shoes which can’t even close and doesn’t even include boots. So back to the shoes: Jeffrey Campbell’s Tick. They’re wedged booties with a peep toe and thumbtacks in the wedge. HAWT!!!

So finally after some Jamba Juice, cute shoes, and walking through a maze of tourists in Times Square, we got to 42nd Street and picked up our TKTS to see the play Race. I can’t even begin to speak on the play. Maybe in another posting but in the mean time, google it! But I do wish to hear what you guys think about racism.

Can you have a true conversation about racism with a white person assuming you’re black (and vice versa)?
Is everything Black & White?
How do you respond to undercover racism?

We’ll talk about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment