Monday, August 23, 2010

Is it too early for a drink?

I started the day extremely early in the eyes of a jobless person. I got up because I needed to run some errands. I had to deposit a check at the bank, try to sneak back into my college clinic for a physical (for a possible job), and then go to pick up a receipt of my fingerprints from the Department of Education (for said possible job).
So, the first two went fairly smoothly. But it had to be a city agency that ruined my day. I never made it into the Department of Education because there was no parking downtown and way too much traffic for me to concentrate. So as I was passing the city building I called their office to see if I even needed to go in and I was on hold until I got all the way back by my house. 13 minutes and 17 seconds! WTF. What are they paying these people for?
Maybe you think I’m jumping to conclusions but I never got a hold of anyone. I even tried to call again when I got home and my wait time was over 20 minutes. When someone did finally answer, I told them what I needed and the man simply responded “65 Court Street, Room 102.” What!!! I didn’t ask for the address. I know the address. I was there this Morning. But that was his smart ass way of telling me to come in. Ugh. Next time I’m taking the train.
Oh, I almost forgot. I hit someone today. Just a little tap. Why couldn’t life be more like Grand Theft Auto. In his case it was. Not even a scratch on his Ford Explorer XLT. On the other hand, my 1996 Camry has a sad face now.

No comments:

Post a Comment