Friday, August 6, 2010

What to do, What to do?

I’ve been natural for a little over a year now. I believe it started in May 2009. Since then, I’ve been weavin’ and wiggin’ it. I started out with a birthday weave in August.




My bangs were much longer, but I believe that once my hair started to grow, it lifted my bangs. Milky Way Saga Gold #4, 12” & 14”

This was followed by some cornrows for an October cruise. Unfortunately, my edges were badly damaged from the pulling. I guess I should’ve known it wasn’t such a good idea when I was getting it done because I couldn’t even blink.

Notice how far apart my center part is.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

When this came out, THANK GOD, I wasn’t sure what I could do. I mean I had this short hair on my head that couldn’t even lay down flat due to all the new growth. I couldn’t dare wear it out and was too cheap to pay to get it done. So after some training from YouTube, I created my very own weave cap (wig)!


Yes, very amateur, but successful. It last for a couple of weeks before it started to fall apart.


I made about 3 of these weave caps and wore each for about 1 month. When February rolled around I was soooo done with wigs. I mean really, I only knew 2 styles. Think about that. 3 months and 2 styles equals boring. So to turn up the heat, I ……… drum roll please……… I got another weave! Big moves y’all.

I guess I was afraid of change or maybe it was the forest that was growing on my head. So I panicked and the lame weave thing as usual. I actually like this. But the bottom track got nappy as any weave wearers out there knows.

Finally, between styles, I was convinced to wear MY hair. And go figure, it was a little Armenian lady who convinced me. So months later, I’m still wearing my hair but I’m starting to feel that itch. For the past 4 months I’ve been wearing the same two strand twists out. I love the look of my curly 'fro when let out but for 4 months straight...getting boring.

I don't want to do anything I'll regret, but I have to do something different.
What to do now?
Color, weave, braids, Big Chop, perm.

2 comments:

  1. wear it straight?...stretched?...roller set?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think to wear it straight i would have to get it blown out. But that is way too much stress on my hair and too much stress on me. WEAVE TIME!

    ReplyDelete